Jen Kingwell - Happy Birds
(This is for a paper, hardcopy format of the pattern, which will be mailed to you. It is not for a .pdf download.)
Jen Kingwell's "Happy Birds" Quilt
Jen loves this quilt and it recently won Best in Show in Dubai earlier in 2016. Jen hopes you enjoy this journey and truly add your own special touches along the way.
Show your version on Instagram #happybirdsquilt
Finished quilt measurements: 72" square
- 5 1/2 yards approximate of coloured fabrics including a mix of spots, stripes, florals and geometrics (fat 16th and 8th cuts work well).
- 1 1/4 yards for center square
- 5/8 yard background fabric for border one
- 3/4 yard background fabric for border two
- 7/8 yard background fabric for border three
- 3/4 yard background fabric for border four
- 1/4 yard corner triangles for border four
- 4 1/2 yards backing fabric
- 5/8 yard binding fabric
- 80" square wadding
- Template plastic, scissors and permanent marker
- Rotary cutter, rulers and mat
- Fabric scissors
- Cotton thread to match/blend
- 3/8" bias tape maker
- Pins, needles, etc.
- Sandpaper board
- Mylar or cardboard (optional)
- Copy paper or precut hexagon papers with a 1" measurement
- Sewing machine with a 1/4" foot (optional)
Loading... Please wait...