RESIDUAL SUPPLY CHAIN DISRUPTIONS:
Please view residual supply chain disuptions notice as it relates to deliveries here. Delays are to be expected as a result of extraordinary package volume, bad weather and other acts of God.
While most domestic package transit times have normalized, please continue to expect delays for certain international shipments as there is significantly less international cargo capacity than before.
Please note that Fedex has suspended its money-back guarantee on all classes of service that we utilize. We do not refund postage, both USPS or Fedex, as a result of late packages either.
If you absolutely need a package by a certain time, please contact us in advance to make arrangements.
UK SHIPPING NOTICE:
As of January 1, 2021, we have suspended shipments to the UK under GBP135 (in value before shipping) due to new VAT collection requirements. As of 6/15/2021, GBP135 is approximately USD190 (based on a FX of 1.41). The up to date and relevant exchange rate can be found here. If your order is below GBP135, please email us for a workaround, while we await our VAT issuance.
EU SHIPPING NOTICE:
Starting March 1, 2023, you will also need to include your EORI or Tax ID Number field in the comments section. If you do not include this number at the time of check-out, we will need to contact you via email for this number.
Order Processing: We generally process, package and ship your order within 2-3 business days, although usually we're much faster than that. We generally ship orders on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays year round, except during certain holidays where adjustments will be made according to volume and carrier availability.
US Flat Rate: For all delivery addresses within the 50 US states, we recommend shipping via our Flat Rate:
- Free US shipping for orders over $95. We will send your packages for free using USPS First Class, USPS Priority Mail, UPS or Fedex at our discretion. Additionally, please note that First Class and Priority Mail have similar transit times in our experience. In fact, First Class sometimes arrives faster. If you absolutely must have an item by a certain time, please contact us in advance to make arrangements.
- $6.50 US Flat Rate. For orders below $95 going to US destinations, we charge $6.50 for shipping via USPS First Class, Priority Mail, UPS or Fedex at our discretion.
- $12.50 Fedex Saver. We recently (8/2/2020) introduced the Fedex Saver shipping option for destinations within the 50 US States only. Most packages have a transit time of 1-4 days and are tracked using Fedex standards. The transit time starts at the time we issue the tracking number for the package and does not include the time we need to prepare your order for shipment. Fedex shipments are also subject to unanticipated delays. Please note: while we can ship the majority of orders via Fedex Saver, certain large or bulky orders are excluded from this shipping rate. PO Box addresses, US territories, military locations and protectorates are also excluded. If we are unable to send packages at this rate, we will contact you via email. Kindly type FEDEX SAVER in the comments box in addition to selecting it as the shipping option. This will help us match your order with the correct shipping method.
- Most items shipped via USPS, UPS or Fedex will arrive within 3-10 business days. In our experience, 80% of packages sent via USPS are delivered on time. Additionally, please note that First Class and Priority Mail have similar transit times in our experience. In fact, First Class sometimes arrives faster. The Fedex on-time delivery rate tends to be between 90-95%. However, Fedex delays have been known to occur. Fedex delays tend to be resolved within a week. USPS delays tend to range from 1-3 weeks, but can take several months. If your package is delayed by Fedex, we are able to call them to initiate a track and trace. If your package is delayed by USPS, there is very little we can do. Again, If you absolutely must have an item by a certain time, please contact us in advance to make arrangements.
- While we guarantee we will hand your package over to USPS / Fedex / UPS or DHL within 2-3 business days (usually it's within 24 hours), we do not guarantee delivery times. We also do not offer refunds on postage for late deliveries. Once we hand your package over to the shipping provider, the package is out of our control. Bad weather, high volumes, routing errors among other issues have been known to cause unanticipated delays. Again, if you absolutely must have an item by a certain time, please contact us in advance to make arrangements.
- Packages sent by USPS, UPS or Fedex include delivery confirmation, which can be tracked on the USPS, UPS or Fedex website, depending on the carrier used.
- If your package is marked as "delivered" by USPS but you have not received it, please follow the steps on USPS's website here. We are not responsible for packages that have been marked as "delivered" by USPS, Fedex, UPS, DHL or any other package provider. We do not insure packages below $250 in value. If you would like to purchase insurance or signature confirmation for your package below $250 in value, please do so on our website here.
- Please make sure your shipping address is accurate. If your package is returned to us for an incorrect address, we will invoice you for the reshipping fee.
- Slightly different rates apply for US Territories.
- As of 11/22/21: we have increased our shipping rates to cover the cost of insurance and increases in postal rates.
- Free Canada shipping for orders over $500. We will send your packages for free using USPS First Class, Priority Mail, UPS or Fedex at our discretion. Packages over 4 lbs in weight will ship by UPS or Fedex. If you would like ship via USPS instead, please leave a note in the comments section and we will contact you with the surcharge.
- $50* USPS Canada Flat Rate. We charge up to $50* for shipping via USPS First Class. *We will refund any shipping overpayment at the time of shipment. USPS shipments are based on weight. Packages under 6 oz generally ship for $15.50. This is about 1-1.25 yards of quilt weight fabric.
- *NEW* - Fedex Canada Flat Rate: For all orders, we offer the option of Fedex Ground at a flat rate of $25. Please note that Fedex will charge clearance fees (in addition to brokerage, customs and duty) that are your responsibility. Fedex's schedule of clearance fees can be found here (click on the drop down menu for "Clearance Entry Fees List Rates and Tiers" towards the bottom of the page).
- Most items shipped via USPS, UPS, DHL or Fedex will arrive within 5-10 business days. UPS and sometimes Fedex will arrive in 1-3 business days.
- Packages sent by Fedex, DHL and UPS include delivery confirmation, which can be tracked on the Fedex, DHL or UPS website. Please note that tracking numbers for packages sent by USPS First Class are not always trackable.
- Please note that for Canada shipments, customs, duties, local taxes and brokerage fees may apply. Jones & Vandermeer is not responsible for these fees. Refused parcels due to refusal, nonpayment of these fees, or incorrect address will be charged a return fee. Additionally, we are not responsible for related returns that do not reach us.
International Shipping (excluding Canada): we ship to international addresses via USPS Priority Mail International, USPS First Class International, Aramex, DHL, Fedex, UPS at our discretion. Most items will ship for a flat rate of up to $50**. **We will refund any shipping overpayment at the time of shipment. Please email us if you would like an estimate of actual shipping charges. In the event, we are unable to ship at the flat rate, we will contact you with a revised shipping fee. Your credit card will not be charged until you agree to the revised shipping fee. Please note that for international shipments, customs, duties, local taxes and brokerage fees may apply. These fees vary from country to country. Jones & Vandermeer is not responsible for these fees. You may be contacted by your local postal service, Fedex, DHL, Aramex, or UPS for the collection of these fees. Refused parcels due to refusal, nonpayment of these fees, or incorrect address will be charged a return fee. Additionally, we are not responsible for related returns that do not reach us.
Depending on the destination, the transit time for international packages can range from a week to several months. Please email us in advance for a better estimate.
USPS tracking numbers for international orders for certain countries are sometimes not trackable once the package leaves US borders. For many countries, if we shipped your package using USPS only, the tracking number we provided can be checked on both USPS and your country's postal service. Usually, when your package crosses into your country's borders, the tracking system on your country's postal service will be more accurate. For example, once a package enters the UK, the best place to track the package will be on Royal Mail. Similarly, once a package enters Japan or France, the best place to track the package will be on Japan Post or La Poste.
Expedited Shipping: if you need your package right away, we can ship your package via Fedex or UPS Overnight services. Please contact us for a quote as the shipping charges will vary based on destination and contents.
Patterns: Jones & Vandermeer patterns are sold as downloadable .pdf product. You will be given a link to download and print the pattern after zipping through check-out. If you have problems downloading the pattern, please contact us. We're happy to help.