We want you to enjoy your shopping experience with us. If you are not satisfied with a product, please return it to us within 30 days for an exchange or refund of the product. To return a product, simply email us. Once your return has been authorised via email, please send a copy of the return email, a copy of the invoice, and the returned item in its original condition to:
Jones & Vandermeer
33 Park Place, Suite 106
New York, NY 10007
We do not process unauthorised returns. We also recommend getting a delivery confirmation. Shipping costs, where an item has not been sent in error or damaged, associated with a return or exchange are your sole responsibility. We are not responsible for returns that do not reach us. Please check carefully before returning any item.
In cases where your order qualified for free shipping, the actual cost of shipping will be deducted from any store credit or refund issued.
Some particulars of which to note:
- Errors or Damaged: Any item sent in error or damaged in shipment may be returned or exchanged. We will reimburse any shipping costs incurred and will either send a replacement at no cost or refund the item at our discretion. However, we are unable to refund shipping costs on correctly filled orders. Please email us within 30 days if there's a problem with your order. We are unable to address order issues beyond this timeframe.
- Timeframe: as of as of March 4, 2018, we accept items for return within 30 days of your date of purchase.
- Yarn: We accept returns on unused yarn in its original condition. Please be mindful that if you have asked us to wind a skein of yarn into a ball, the yarn will no longer be accepted for returns. Please note additionally, color will appear differently on different computer, tablet and phone screens. While we make every effort to ensure our photos are representative of the yarn's color, we cannot guarantee that the yarn on your monitor will look the same as the actual yarn color. You are responsible for the return shipping cost as well as the actual shipping cost of the yarn (including cases where your order may have qualified for free shipping).
Please also see our FAQ section regarding dye lot matching between separate orders.
- Buttons, Tools, Notions & Finished Goods: We accept returns on buttons, tools, notions & finished goods, so long as the product is returned to us in the state in which they were received and in the original packaging.
- Books & Patterns: books and patterns cannot be returned and are a final sale.
- Fabric: as of March 4, 2018, we no longer accept returns on fabric of less than a 1 yard or 1 meter cut (depending on how the fabric was originally sold). Returned fabric of 1 yard/meter or longer must be in its original condition. We do not accept returns on fabric that has been altered in anyway (washed, cut, etc). Please note additionally, color will appear differently on different computer, tablet and phone screens. While we make every effort to ensure our photos are representative of the fabric's color, we cannot guarantee that the fabric on your monitor will look the same as the actual fabric color.
All of our Liberty Tana Lawn fabrics are cut from the roll by tearing the fabric along the grain. For Liberty Tana Lawn fabrics that have a dark base, this may result in runs in color of about 1-2" around each side of the torn edge. This issue will be much more apparent for small cuts of fabric (under 1 meter). We do not consider this a flaw with the fabric, and will not make any adjustments or accept returns for this reason. For example, if you need exactly 0.5 meters of fabric, we suggest that you purchase 0.75 meters to accommodate for this issue.
The majority of our other fabrics (quilt weight, double gauzes, rayons etc) are cut from the bolt using a rotary cutter. It is not possible for us to ensure that these fabrics are cut on the grain. Particularly for small cuts (less than 1 yard / meter), please anticipate purchasing extra yardage if your project requires the fabric to be squared up. We will not make any adjustments or accept returns for this reason. For example, if you need exactly 0.75 yards of fabric, we suggest that you purchase 1 full yard to accommodate for this issue.
For all returns where there was no error on our part, you are responsible for the return shipping cost as well as a 20% restocking fee for any returns (whether due to minor color discrepancies or any other reason). If color is an issue, we encourage you to contact us about ordering a swatch in advance. (Swatches are not available on all fabrics). All swatches are non-refundable.
- Dye lot Issues: please also see our FAQ section regarding dye lot matching between separate orders.
- Special orders: are not returnable or exchangeable.
- Sale Items: all sale items are final sale, and are not returnable or exchangeable.
To ensure a positive shopping experience for all our customers, if we identify an excessive or unreasonable return pattern, we may restrict or refuse future transactions from such customers at jonesandvandermeer.com.
A refund will be credited back to your original method of payment and will post approximately two days after the date of processing. You may also select store credit. It may take up to two billing cycles for the credit to appear on your monthly credit card statement. Most returns will process within 30 days, depending on your method of return. Gift certificate purchases will be refunded in the form of another certificate and mailed to an address you specify.
You may cancel an order at any time before it has been processed for shipping. To cancel an order, log into 'My Accounts', click on 'View Messages' on the left navigation menu. Please send us a message with your request from this section of the website as soon as possible. We will be able to cancel your order so long as it has not yet been processed for shipping.