(gwin). noun [usu. as object]
A headband designed to ward o the arctic chill and to endow your winter wardrobe with a bit of snow princess glamour. A small project that requires less than 1 skein -- perfect for using up leftover yarn.
ORIGIN New York City, pattern written by the Jones & Vandermeer design team.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL intermediate
SIZE one size. Measures 32” long and 5“ wide.
- 1 50g skein of Happy Mink (shown in Yogurt). Project uses ~1/2 of the skein, in case you have extra in your stash.
- 1 25g ball of Shiny Sparkly Lurex (shown in silver). Project uses ~20% of a skein, in case you have extra in your stash.
- US6 (4.0mm) straight needles
- US9 (5.5mm) straight needles
- cable needle, safety pins, tapestry needle (aka darning needle)
A FREE PDF download (no purchase required; you will be sent an email containing a link to the download. our system does require that you set-up an account and submit a valid email address as a minimum. we value your privacy and do not sell your information to third parties. if you are not already logged into a previously established account, please do not use "check-out with paypal" button. you will receive an error message and we will not able to provide you with a link to the free pattern).
If you're up to it, please consider supporting Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). We're trying to raise $10,000 for this incredible organisation!