(This is for a paper, hardcopy format of the pattern, which will be mailed to you. It is not for a .pdf download.)
Atelier Scämmit's "Zephir" Blouse and Dress Pattern
Blouse with Victorian-style high-neck. Two finishing options are possible : either with smocked collar and cuffs or with a collar stand with flounces. Short or long sleeves with the same finish as on the collar. Slightly fitted blouse with no bust darts for a contemporary look. The patch pockets on the chest provide a lovely contrast to that classical-style blouse.
- Level: Intermediate
- Pattern for sizes : 34 to 48 (European) / 4 to 18 (US) / 6 to 20 (UK).
- Bust measurement: 80 to 115 cm (31 to 45 inches)
- Seam allowances included
- Bilingual English-French pattern
What you will learn with this pattern :
- Secure sewing line before assembly
- Create Victorian- style collar and cuffs
- Create smock collar and cufffs (with a sewing machine)
- Create patch pockets
- Assembling a sleeve
- Making French seams
Supplies for sizes 34 to 48 (European) / 4 to 18 (US) / 6 to 20 (UK) :
- Fabric : 140/140/150/150/160/160/170/170 cm x 140 cm wide (=55/55/59/59/63/63/67/67” x 55” wide) or 190/190/210/210/230/230/250/250 cm x 110 cm wide (=75/75/83/83/91/91/98/98” x 43” wide)
- Shirring elastic band 25 mm (=0.1”) for smocked version : max 1 m (=40”)
- 1 button diamater 12 mm (=0.4”)
- Fusible grainline (or a 1 cm (=0.4”) width fusible interfacing non extensible band) : max 2 (=78”)
Recommended fabrics :
- Weight: very light to light (80-200 gsm or 3-6 oz.)
- Fabric: batiste, crêpe, veil, light denim, ...
- Stretch factor: 0 to 8% max