(This is for a paper, hardcopy format of the pattern, which will be mailed to you. It is not for a .pdf download.)
Atelier Scämmit's "Charme" Skirt Pattern
This rather short skirt is composed of 2 layered elements, assembled on a wide V-shaped waistband on the back and front. For a very minimalist version, you will use the underneath skirt which is flared, simple and symmetrical. For a more romantic garment, add the top skirt which is gathered and asymmetrical. The skirt is closed on the left side with an invisible zip and a fastener.
- Level: Intermediate
- Pattern for sizes : 34 to 48 (European) / 4 to 18 (US) / 6 to 20 (UK).
- Waist measurement: 62 to 97 cm (24 to 38 inches)
- Seam allowances included
- Bilingual English-French pattern
What you will learn with this pattern :
- Making French seams
- Sewing an invisible zipper
- Making gathers
Supplies for sizes 34 to 48 (European) / 4 to 18 (US) / 6 to 20 (UK) :
- Fabric : 140/140/150/160/170/180/190/200 cm x 140 cm wide (=55/55/59/63/67/71/75/79 ” x 55” wide) or 190/190/210/210/230/230/250/250 cm x 110 cm wide (=75/75/83/83/91/91/98/98” x 43” wide)
- One flounce skirt version : remove 20” all sizes and widths
- Invisible zipper : 1 x 8”
- Fastener : x 1
- Fusible grainline (or a 1 cm (=0.4”) width fusible interfacing non extensible band) : max 100 cm (=40”)
- Fusible interfacing : 60 cm (=23”)
Recommended fabrics :
- Weight: light to medium (135-270 gsm or 4-8 oz.)
- Fabric: batiste, crêpe, light denim, fluid viscose...
- Stretch factor: 0 to 10% max